When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you answer?
When people ask me what I do for a living I tell them, I help Health & Wellness Practitioners communicate clearly and consistently with their audiences so they can increase their profit margins.
What I really want to say is,
I free up their time so they can concentrate on the business-building tasks they most enjoy doing.
But what I really, really want to say is,
I get to play and have fun with what brings me the most joy. I pour over their manuscripts and all sorts of online copy, polishing every word and every sentence so entrepreneurs and business owners can have a blast doing the things they love doing. And I get to relish my guilty pleasure, words. Anything with words I call F-U-N! I love, love, love those little critters!
Hi, I’m L.E. (pronounced Ellie), and I help leaders in the Health & Wellness space communicate with their audiences in a way that earns them credibility, delights their people, and increases their profits.
I’m in the business of making YOU the go-to source in your field.
Raise your hand if, when it comes to writing, you…
- Feel stuck.
- Are frustrated.
- Struggle to get all the writing done.
- Can’t seem to put those words together quite right.
- Wish you had a second pair of eyes to go over your copy and manuscript.
Any of these sound familiar? If you’re thinking, yea sounds about right, then you’re in the right place!
People come to me when they’re feeling exhausted by trying to do it all, the writing, the editing, and planning their communication strategy. Together we create written materials that inspire and enthrall their clients (and potential clients, too).
I have 18+ years experience working in the Health & Wellness arena. I’ve also worked for ten years as an in-house writer, editor, and publications manager.
My clients include both native and non-native English writers who contract me to edit their book manuscripts and book proposals for various publishing houses. Practitioners who need help with writing and editing all kinds of online materials from webinar slides, to eBooks, to courses and everything in between are also members of my client roster.
- Turn into nutty squirrel when confronted with all the writing you need to do?
- Need help in getting all those words to make sense in a savvy and inspiring way?
- Despite all good intentions, you tend to spin your wheels when it comes to offering polished content?
- Are determined to have an online presence that is professional and polished?
- Want your clients to be happy they know you and eager to do repeat business with you?
You may have just found relief!
And what makes me different from all the other editors, writers, and content strategists out there, you ask?
- I’m a Health Coach, Registered Holistic Nutritionist (Canada), and Environment Health Specialist with a background in journalism. I absolutely love health and nutrition AND I also get you and your audience.
- Working exclusively in the Health & Wellness space means I have my finger on the pulse of issues that are relevant to your audience.
- My goal is to be a part of your team and bring valuable ideas to the table that integrate into the conversations you’re already having with your people.
- I’m passionate about supporting your content and helping you clarify your message.
- I have a dogged belief in the power of words.
So, how did editing for Health & Wellness Professionals become my thing?
I’m the girl, who in grade school and high school, would spend her Friday evenings reading books with a dictionary, a pen, and a notebook by her side. Saturday mornings were sacred times set aside exclusively for the sheer joy of reading. I would go through a single book in about two hours before even getting out of bed. My summers? They were spent researching and writing short books on the workings of the human body.
You can say I’ve had a passion for words my entire life.
Funny thing…those words? I still love them to bits! How the human body works? Fascinating!
No surprise then that I ended up working in journalism as a writer, editor, and publications manager for the food industry, the hospital system, and engineering technology.
My passion for health experienced a resurrection after the birth of my sons who are both on the autism spectrum. That’s when I immersed myself in the world of Health & Wellness acquiring credentials as a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (Canada) and a Biblical Health Coach with advanced training in Environmental Health issues, something I’m passionate about bringing to the forefront of the conversation with health coaches.
For nearly 30 years now, I’ve lived in the Health & Wellness sphere BUT my heart beckoned and I returned to my first love…words.
The only difference between now and then is that now I spend time clickety-clacking on my laptop instead of my old teal Smith Corona typewriter.
I’m currently accepting all genres of Health & Wellness manuscripts and online materials but am particularly fond of alternative health and environmental issues. Please contact me with questions, writing or editing advice, or to see how I can help you take your copy or manuscript to the next level.
Curious to know a bit more?
Here are ten facts about me few people know…
- In my life before children, one of the many things I did was work as a radio and television producer.
- I went to cooking school…twice, once for traditional cooking, a second time to learn more about the intricate world of raw food prep.
- I was scouted by a major dance company to join their teacher training in choreology.
- Those things in books called words held such mystery and mesmerized me to the point I taught myself to read at the age of four. By the time I made it to elementary school, those Grade 1 readers? Pfft!
- I still swim like a rock.
- I studied many, many years with the Royal Conservatory of Music in the hopes of becoming a concert pianist.
- I get serious goosebumps and can feel the blood flow through my veins when I watch documentaries or read books about the inner workings of the human body. For some strange reason, ancient Hebrew history has the same effect on me.
- Nothing brings me more joy (besides editing) than spending time at the beach surrounded by palm trees.
- I can easily plow through a book in one sitting. Just, please, don’t interrupt me.
- I’m living proof that it’s never too late to make your dreams reality, whether you want to act, sing, study architecture, or build an obsessed audience for your services and reach the pinnacle in your field. I say, don’t let your dreams die, work hard but don’t forget to play hard, too!